TEEN ADVISORY BOARD
Teens of Petit Library (or, you know, any teens in the area who might want to get involved), we’re starting a Teen Advisory Board!
What it is: A group of teenagers who meet with Petit’s assistant librarian (Lena) maybe once a month for a bit, and talk about what they’d like to see the library provide for teenagers. It’s a way for you to have a say in our programming and events, and for you to directly have voice in this library.
The answer is that it kinda depends. If you join, you’ll need to:
- Check an email account (or this blog) occasionally.
- Find a way to come to the library on a specified day each month (usually a Saturday).
- Have a 30 minute conversation about upcoming stuff.
- Find a way to get home from the library after the meeting.
- Maybe do an agreed upon thing such as hanging up a poster for an event, or liking a Facebook page, or something small.
We’ll try our best to work with your ideas and not take up too much time. We know that in school, some of you get home and mostly feel like
And we know others of you have schedules so packed with school, homework, clubs, sports, bands, friends, family, hobbies, shows, books, and a million other things that every day feels like
But if you DO find time and energy to enjoy library events, or you have some ideas of things that you might enjoy if we offered them, or even if you just want to come talk for a bit, we’d love to see you.
(It will also look pretty great on college applications and resumes, because you’ll be helping organize and plan community events.)
Anyone is welcome.
Our Next Meeting
October 4, 12:00-12:30p.m.
We’ll be talking about
- Halloween Horror- Tales for Teens (details posted soon)
- Candy selection
- Awesome posters
- Young Poets’ Spoken Word
- Whatever else is on your mind
Email Lena at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details, questions,or just to say you’re interested!