That means there’s some new calls for submissions.
Have a great idea for an October themed short story? Check out Bartleby Snopes- Everything October
- They publish two stories a week
- $5 a story
- If you win the ‘Story of the Month’ contest, you get a chance to win $25
- Must somehow relate to Fall, October, Walpurgisnacht, Halloween
- Or Death making a pie.
- You can also submit art.
Have poetry, fiction, nonfiction, opinion pieces, artwork, photos, or videos that you’d like to share with a theme of Voice? Check out Cuckoo Quarterly
- Open to writers aged 12-19 internationally
- Deadline November 9th.
- You’ll hear back if your piece will be published after November 22
- Your submission will also be considered for their print addition
- “We want to hear your voices. Woman, mother, partner, child, sister, writer, reader, Northern, British, perfectionist? What are your roles, what voices do you speak in? Do you have an accent, a dialect, words that only you and your friends use? What sounds do you hear where you live? East coast or West coast? North or South?”